Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Day 1 and 2

Oh my gosh!!! What an amazing past 2 days.  The first day we were able to visit Jerusalem.  Saw the Dome of the Rock, the Wailing Wall, and the Holy Sepulcher!!!!  

There are sooooo many young Israeli soldiers on duty.  Some look like they're 15 and they're holding machine guns.  




The second day we met people from the PA, PLO, and other Palestinian Organizations.  We also met the Chief of Staff of the PA President.  Wasn't able to get a pic with him though... he was moving so quickly I didn't get to ask.  Same thing with the PA Foreign Minister.  

The most eye-opening part of the day was visiting the refugee camps.  The children were sooooo cute... but it was soooo sad to witness the areas in which they had to live.  We were able to give them American candy that we were told to bring with us.  When I was reaching in for my pocket I realized that there sometimes just isn't enough candy.  There clothes were tattered but there smiles were brand new.  I will never forget visiting and hope that one day I will be able to return.

Sorry guys... I still gotta figure out how to post pics with my new macbook... not sure where they are and I gotta get some rest.  Will post as soon as I can. 

Later,
Will

No comments: